Home Page: Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2011 Monthly Board Meeting
MINUTES Draft: 4/1/2011
TOWN OF LOWELL Approved: 4/12/2011
MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
March 8, 2011
Town Office Building, W8906 O’Sixteen Road, Reeseville, WI.
1. Call to Order: The monthly meeting of the Town of Lowell was called to order by Chairman John Schmitt at 8:00 PM.
2. Board Members present: Chairman John Schmitt, Supervisors Greg Caine & David Huebner, Treasurer Darcy Rydquist, Clerk Theresa Firari, Highway Super. Herbert Firari.
3. The Meeting was acknowledged as posted by Clerk according to State Statutes.
4. The Agenda was approved on a motion by Caine and seconded by Huebner with item 12B to be moved after item 5. Motion carried.
5. Public Input: None.
6. Planning Commission Report: The Laurence Quinn application for a conditional use permit was not approved. Changes needed to his plan were explained to Quinn in order for the application to be approved.
Kathy Lenz survey was viewed and she was told it would need to be redone with changes.
7. Read or Adopt Meeting Minutes: A motion was made by Huebner and seconded by Caine to approve the February 8th Monthly Board Meeting Minutes. Motion carried.
8. Treasurer’s Report (See attachment )
Treasurer Darcy Rydquist presented the Treasurer's Report. A motion was made to accept Treasurer’s Report by Huebner, seconded by Caine. Motion carried.
A motion was made by Huebner and seconded by Caine to renew the ‘Bridge’ CD at State Bank of Reeseville for a term of 1. Motion carried.
Clerk Firari will send second past due notices,to include 1 ½% interest, to the residents who have delinquent gravel bills.
Treasurer Rydquist will send letters to the residents that have overdue personal property tax bills. The Town may impose a 0.5% per month penalty if not paid.
9. Approval of Bills: A motion was made by Caine and seconded by Huebner to approve payment of Town bills totaling $30,429.98. Motions carried.
10. Transfer of Money: A motion was made by Huebner and seconded by Caine to approve the transfer of $13,000 from the Money Market Account to the Checking Account. Motion carried.
11. Old Business:
A. Road Maintenance & Ditch Issues: Jeff from the Crackfilling Service will be at the Town Hall on Thursday March 10th @ 10 a.m. to meet with Hwy. Superintendent Firari and Chairman Schmitt to drive, view & note the Town roads for crackfilling.
B. Brush Cutting: Tabled.
C. Bridge Inspection Reports: No action.
12. New Business:
A. Review the 2010 Financial Report: A motion was made by Huebner and seconded by Caine to approve the Town Financial Report that was presented and have Clerk Firari arrange the printing and mailing to residents. Motion carried.
B. Gravel Prices: Tim Maschuda from Michels presented the price list for the Town to purchase gravel from them. A motion was made by Caine and seconded by Huebner to increase the price that the Town will charge residents 20 cents per ton more than last year on all types available. Motion carried.
13. Meeting Notices:
Tuesday April 5th – Spring Election
Tuesday April 12th - Monthly Board Meeting @ 8:00 p.m.
Thursday April 14th – Annual Meeting @ 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday April 19th – Open Book 3:30 – 5:30
Tuesday May 17th – Board of Review 3:30 – 5:30
14. Road, Maintenance & Safety Issues: Hwy Superintendent Firari will be attending Miner Safety Training on Wednesday, March 16th along with Rennhack Construction.
15. Board Reports: Clerk Firari reported on FDIC Insurance.This should be brought up again towards the end of the year, before tax collection begins.
16. Chairman’s Report: Chairman Schmitt reported that he will be meeting with Steve Davison from Preferred Realty to discuss a contract to sell the vacant parcel of Town land. It will be listed for $85,000.
17. The Next Monthly Meeting of the Town of Lowell Town Board will be held at 8 PM. on Tuesday April 12, 2011 at the Town Office Building.
18. Motion to Adjourn: A motion was made by Huebner and seconded by Caine. Meeting adjourned at 9:30 p.m. Motion carried.
By Theresa Firari, Clerk
March 12, 2013 Monthly Board Meeting
February 12, 2013 Monthly Board Meeting
January 8, 2013 Monthly Board Meeting
December 11, 2012 Monthly board Meeting
November 27, 2012 Special Board Meeting
November 13, 2012 Monthly Board Meeting
November 13, 2012 Special Board Meeting/Closed Session
November 1, 2012 Special Board Meeting
October 23, 2012 Special Meeting/Budget Planning
October 9, 2012 Special Closed Session Meeting